We have 899 followers!!! :D who will be the 900th inspired to get involved? Young Advisors is an option in this... http://t.co/1hZZtOJcpJ
The youth-led 99% Campaign, which challenges negative stereotypes of young people in London, is pleased to announce that on 31 March 2012, Vincent Sam, aged 17 from Thamesmead, will be awarded the 99% Campaign Award for Positive Contribution to the Local Community at the 4th annual event of The Street Violence Ruins Lives Campaign.
Vincent is one of the outstanding graduates of the 2011 Charlton Athletic Community Trust National Citizens Service (NCS). After running several projects for his community he became a Young Advisor.
Vincent says: ‘I am very proud to receive this award, because it signifies that the positive steps that young people such as myself take to contribute to the community are being recognised and rewarded. And I am very grateful that Charlton Athletic Community Trust and the 99% Campaign have given me such opportunities to do so.’
Dr. Theo Gavrielides, Founder & Director of IARS, the charity that hosts the 99% Campaign said: “The last few months have been particularly tough for young Londoners. The 99% of them continue to make daily contributions to their localities, and it is through positive examples and role models such as Vincent Sam that we aspire to nurture the talents of the remaining 1%. Given the lack of resources, we are fortunate to have partners such as CACT to support the Campaign’s cause”.
The Award comes with a Certificate, a small gift and a prestigious work placement through Luther Pendragon, one of the UK’s leading independent communications consultancies.
Andy Carpenter, NCS Coordinator at Charlton Athletic Community Trust says: ‘Vincent is an incredibly enthusiastic young man, a fantastic role model for other young people and has been an absolute pleasure to work with.’
The 99% Campaign is a strong supporter of the Street Violence Ruins Lives Campaign and Charlton Athletic Community Trust’s (CACT) Crime Reduction Programme. The 99% Campaign and Charlton Athletic Community Trust have worked closely together over the past year with the common goal of promoting a positive image of young people.